Sunday 24 August 2014

CLUELESS

Aloha,

  Sorry i've not posted here for quite some time. I've been working so much that I pretty much haven't really had a personal life, except to eat and sleep! I've been thinking about posting, I've certainly had lots of inspiration, but I just couldn't seem to muster anything together.

  I play Skyrim when i'm in need of a place to hide. There hidden away from the world I find peace by completing quests and building my house. My character, a Nord (of course) gives me the escape I need from everything. For the time i'm in the game I can be a dragon slaying, master of sword and combat. Trekking through mountains and honing my archery and sneak skills.
<iframe width="854" height="510" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/QpvM9uwOcUc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  It's not all games, when I tell people about my adventures and the hundreds of hours I've put into the game, they think i'm a hardcore gamer. I'm really not. I love the occasional Mario Kart championship but apart frmo that Skyrim is really the only game i've ever played for any prolonged amount of time. There are particular reasons for this. I LOVE anything ancient, celtic, medieval or mythical. Dragons, castles, knights, magic, Elves.
Being a music blogger, I must admit the music in particular of the celts and medieval lutes and similar highly awakens my passion for music. I am strongly considering moving to Icealand buidling myself a tree-house fortress and dressing in Skyrim/GoT attire and living the life of a dragon slayer.
<iframe width="854" height="510" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/BSLPH9d-jsI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  As I get older I allow more of that love to seep into my everyday life, my friends, family and colleagues all know how much I love anything magical and fantasy! My jewelry all looks as though it was forged in a mountain or made by witches. My clothes have a definite hint of Elvish-witch-princess. My hair has braids through it and is gradually getting lighter and lighter. My living space is looking more like a treasure cove and I find myself wandering ancient ruins and looking for places to explore in my very rare time off.

  The truth of it all is, I've become more of myself. As I get older I find myself more comfortable with being who I am and finding a confidence in my own mind and spirit. When I look back at how I've changed in the past year and a half, I can't believe the difference. I feel incredibly lucky to live the life I do, don't get me wrong, I work damn hard for it, but that doesn't change how much I truly appreciate it too.

  I saw recently  that somebody I used to know, had shared an image with another person. I'm not actually friends with either of these people but because of our mutual friends I get to see it still.  It read 'The best friendships are built on a solid foundation of alcohol, sarcasm, laughter and a dislike of the same people'. If that's what your BEST friendships are based upon, then I now understand why we are not friends. Friends don't wager against friends. They don't lie, or back stab them either. Perhaps that's just an image but when your friendships revolve around negativity you become a negative person. Why would you even joke about friendships needing a foundation of dislike of others. It just makes you appear spiteful. Do you think the things you've said with spite will gain you anything? Faith is not easily regained once lost, it's rare to find it again. Just think about what you say about other people because we all have feelings. These days I try to think before I speak, especially when other peoples feelings are at stake.
<iframe width="854" height="510" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/AWDTqks9Xpk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

'You can't change how people treat you, or what they say about you. You can only change how you react to it.' I love that quote because even in a situation in which you have no choice, you still have the power to be a good person.



 It got me thinking, my friendships are based on inspiration, kindness, compassion, understanding and love. I don't need sarcasm with my best friends as we share honesty. We don't focus on the people we dislike, we focus on the good and inspiring people who have touched our lives. Part of the reason I stopped calling her friend was because someone who consistently said negative and derogatory things about me and the people I care for, was also the person who would consistently imitate and want to know everything that I was up to. I care not for envy so I don't try to understand it. I don't need to bring other people down to make myself feel better; because I've learnt to face my own demons, no matter how terrifying. Through that I've gained some of the most valuable friendships I could have ever asked for.

 Most of all, seeing the post only further fueled my faith that I had finally all those months ago after years of wondering had in fact made the right choice. That I am making my own way and though there may be things I struggle with, for the most part I can appreciate the good I have in my life.
<iframe width="854" height="510" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/o9rvhmUhPnA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
 I no longer look for acceptance in others opinions. If they accept me for me, than they may share everything I have. The others have fallen into the abyss of time and are but mere memories that occasionally wash up on the shore of my current thoughts but fade quickly back into tiny fragments lost again.

I hope for all of you, that you may have at least one magical thing in your life that brightens your path when you need it most. I feel thankful that for the moment I feel there are many things brightening my way.
<iframe width="854" height="510" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/iQop_qs4xV4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

LOVE&PEACE
KG x

No comments:

Post a Comment