Wednesday 10 September 2014

† ☾ BEYOND THE REALM OF DREAMS ☾ †

Hello,

Star Wars still 'Lightspeed' //Photo from Google
I've got a million features to write or so it feels like for LBW music blog this week; truth to be told there are so many exciting things going on with LBW at the moment that I feel like i'm constantly on light-speed mode! (I'm certainly not complaining, LBW is extremely important to me, just sometimes I feel more like i'm being swept out to sea over navigating her across oceans.)

I figured perhaps writing here might help me slow enough to actually process everything properly. I read quite a few blogs and constantly look for new blogs and bloggers to network with. I've found really since being a shell of a girl starting out without really a direction or compass to navigate; that I nowadays feel like this empowered warrior that I become when i'm making strides in my dreams. Then there's the days like this, that I am this twenty something girl that still feels a little like the ocean is claiming her rather than being tamed by her.

Except both of those people I just described are me. So why do I insist on torturing myself when it seems there just aren't enough hours in the day? Why do I tell myself I have to be the warrior or the girl? Because i'm human. Because I spent the first half of my years being told to learn and dream of the future and the second half of my years being told to work and to understand that dreams don't come true.

Sherlock's mind palace // Image from weheartit
I never dreamed I would create, run or even develop LITTLEBEARWOLF. When I look at it now, I see all the paths before me that I can step onto, Sometimes I need to take stock of the fact that I created that, I stopped surrounding myself with people who said it would never happen, I stopped dwelling on the if's and maybe's and I just started writing
That's my healing. Turning thoughts into words, helps to clear my mind, to allow my mind palace to locate the information it needs for the task ahead.

Except sometimes even when the only thing you want to do is write, you can't. Like a bird that learns it has a broken wing, writers that cannot write feel trapped. That's when I turned to reading, I didn't have the time to settle into a novel, I have plenty to read but that needs time. So I started to read blogs. Blogs of every variety, fashion, music, lifestyle, travel; that's when I found my answer. It's not the feeling of not being able to write because of a lack of inspiration, sometimes it's just the motivation. The thing you love most, can sometimes feel like Everest, you wonder how on earth you ever tackled it in the first place. A favourite of mine to read is SCARPHELIA. Katie has a way with words that feels like she's stepped into my mind and is saying out aloud what I am thinking.
I find peace in reading Katie's work, it makes me feel i'm not alone. It's like I have this friend who understands everything i'm thinking. What I like most is Scarphelia's honesty. Life isn't perfect, when we find imperfections we face them and grow from them, Scarphelia does just that, there's no brushing life under the rug of 'look at my perfect lifestyle of tea and summer dresses' it's honest writing from the heart. For that reason I find Katie both an inspiration to my art and treasure, like that book you hide, to read when you need the escape most.

LBW as those of you know who read, has become my professional space which left me feeling a little homeless on the internet. My corner I had created to write about music I loved and things I enjoyed, no longer belonged to just me and as it became more obvious that my passion and drive for LBW was heading towards a professional stance, I needed a new corner, somewhere I could spill words into to clear my head.

I find myself posed with the challenge, that as a professional I must not share too many thoughts on the internet, I must not post anything negative that will put people off working with me. Though this is certainly something to consider, as a blogger and artist I want to be able to share my whole-self with you.
You won't find juicy gossip or mindless words of deceit because I try to steer clear of all that in my day to day life let alone on the internet. You will find personal posts, posts that I hope give my readers something to hold onto. I hope you'll continue to join me on LBW for all things music as well as LBWC for my journey, my ramblings and all my thoughts about this entirely terrifying yet magical adventure we call life.

Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events and small minds discuss people. 

I know how I intend to spend my days, what will you do with yours?

LOVE & PEACE
 
KG
Images / content belong to their respective owners.
LITTLEBEARWOLFCOVE  © Krystal Gemma.

No comments:

Post a Comment