Wednesday 17 September 2014

† ☾ EVERY STORY HAS A BEGINNING ☾ †

As September leads us towards to the gate of Autumn, October is already looking full on; with gigs, reviews, interviews I take a moment to step out of the fading summer sun a while to share some thoughts.

As 2014 draws into it's final quarter, I have to stop and take a moment to look back over everything that has happened since the groggy start of 2013. In February 2013, I was somewhere between a girl and a woman. With a compass that neither pointed North or held a static position.

I felt like I was stood at a fork in the road and whichever path I took would be tough, a challenge and neither were certain of happiness.

I never just had one dream, I used to want to be an actress it wasn't because I wanted fame and riches. I just loved the idea of travelling the world, of becoming a different person. Excitement ran through me every time I watched a movie and even now I decide what character I would most like to be and try to be inspired by their actions, their portrayal.

As I grew older, it became apparent that this dream of being an actress was more a dream of adventure, of finding magic in a world I was told it didn't exist. I took the path shrouded with tree branches and fog over the path of neatly cut hedges and flowers. I don't ever think about the other path anymore, part of how I know I made the right choice is that I don't wonder where the other path would have led, I'm just relieved I'm not on it.

As I look at all I have created and developed in the last 18 months I find myself thrilled with the prospect of the path I now stare at before me. 'You have all the weapons you need, now fight''. With arrows flying and blades swinging I give my whole heart and being to my work. Maybe you don't think it's that exciting, that's fine. Your life is your own to lead. I just hope that you have something in your life that fills you with as much passion and excitement.

As I started into my mid twenties my life felt like it really got started, leading up to that point I had been governed by my parents and family, but now I was at the helm. Things don't always go to plan, but I find a way to navigate back on course and become stronger from the challenge.
When I think about it now, I don't need the sets and the lighting, it's the role I am cast, as myself that is the challenge. That one day in many years time, perhaps I may look back at my life and feel proud of the story that unfolded.
I am happy with where I am and what I am doing, if you spend your whole life wishing for more, you'll never respect and maintain all that you have in front of you.

I look to the close of 2014, continuing to work on many projects, strengthening the force with all that I do. 2014 marks the 20th anniversary of F.R.I.E.N.D.S // I like many other people my age grew up with FRIENDS and though I think I probably enjoy it more these days than when I was younger, I always told myself as a teen that once I was in the FRIENDS years (roughly 25-35) I'd be starting to make my own way in life. 25 for me was the start, I wasn't going to turn 25 and be training to do something I despised. I had no idea and still have no idea of what the future holds but at 26 and a half I'm passionate about everything in my professional and personal life.
There will be challenges and accomplishments ahead, it is with the now that I utilize my time to take on my ambitions and share this journey of the extraordinary ordinary life of KG.
LOVE & PEACE
 
KG

Images / content belong to their respective owners.
LITTLEBEARWOLF  © Krystal Gemma. 

No comments:

Post a Comment