Friday 31 October 2014

He looked out the window, a single tear rolled down his cheek, his heart cracked one more time.

Happy Halloween to everyone getting involved in the Halloween festivities, there are fireworks, parties, costumes, faces painted and everyone's having a good time. I'd like to take a moment to think about what's important in life, seems like a funny time I know.

I was just thinking how we all take each other for granted and even ourselves. I'm fairly (completely) clumsy so I tend not to take my body for granted too much and try to look after myself, I am guilty of taking those around me for granted.
How many people should you have told you love them, when you've been too angry or cringe or busy to talk too?

Halloween marks the end of harvest and the start of Winter, it marks the start of the festive season and the coldest, darkest months of the year. While I am able to see much love and goodness in my life, it saddens me that others cannot see it in theirs.

We all struggle and we all have our own battles to face, so we make things harder for ourselves when we focus on the negativity. I am guilty of this too, so I challenge everyone throughout November and December to act justly towards those in their lives, make the colder months, just that bit warmer.

It takes a matter of seconds to send a text, that text may just cheer a person up, it might be the words a loved one needs to hear, it might be the hello a friend who's lonely needs.

You'll never please everyone sure, but can you right now say you've done your best with the people closest to you? Have you got annoyed or frustrated with them? Are they worth more than that to you?

There are some people in this world who's only interaction with others comes from a cashier in a shop, or the nurse that they see each week.
There are some people who have lived incredible lives but have no one left to share their time with, so they just wait for their time to end too. I can't imagine anything more heartbreaking. A man who lost his wife and has a bad back so he can no longer get around easily, just sits in his house listening to old records, reminiscing memories, yet he'd be considered wealthy to some people in the world...

Whatever you're facing, there's someone in the world suffering with you, someone waiting to chat, waiting to laugh; for a world full of social media, dreams and freedom, I've never seen so many miserable, lonely souls.

I'm going to try and not waste another minute of time, even if I'm angry or upset, I'm going to try and act with love and kindness. Don't leave others to be alone, because you don't know how they feel or what their going through. You wouldn't want to be alone for the rest of your time....

Treat others as you wish to be treated, or you may just find they treat you how you've treated them.

No comments:

Post a Comment