Saturday 7 March 2015

WANDERLUST KING


I was walking a couple of mornings ago, the cold fresh morning air cut through me like ice shards and as I watched my breath appear like dragon smoke around me, I looked up to the sky to see a perfectly formed plane cloud trail; frozen still, as if it had been imprinted perfectly in the sky at that exact moment I looked up, for the exact purpose that it would begin a thought process that would last the rest of the day.

I started to think, that perhaps the world rolled out around me as I went around my business, that perhaps the moment I left a room, that room ceased to be. Except we all know this is isn't so, because for every moment that I live and breath some one else is living and breathing the same air I do, staring at the same sky and wondering the same things as I.

I've always felt an affinity to the Earth, I grew up surrounded by rolling hills, rivers and streams that flowed freely through the land, even now I live by the ocean and find perfect peace from just staring out to the far reaches of the globe from the shore, even on the grayest of days.

I began to look at the cloud trail in the sky that had already begun to dissolve into nothing, in an hours time there would be no trace it had ever even existed, except I knew it had. 
Of course that plane wasn't flying that route for my benefit, but I had witnessed it, I considered all the people aboard that plane, where they may be travelling to, or from. Just like that, it hit me as though a shard of ice had pierced right through my heart, I wanted to be on that plane, not just that plane, any plane, a boat, hell even a train, just to feel the earth moving beneath me, to be on the road.

Wanderlust had struck. I've never been one to sit still, I move a lot, I've come to feel as though the road is my true home, Malvern the place I was born will always be where I call home, but I find with each passing year that it feels like a memory from a past life. When I tread on it's concrete it feels like I'm walking through old photographs, that's more or less what every place feels like to me. 
Home tends to be where I'm living at the moment, home is my friends, my family, the things that bring me peace, comfort and excitement.

I've had more jobs than most of the people I went to college with, I've walked more steps than I care to remember and I feel as though I've lived three lifetimes or more. People call it irresponsible, a defect for having no desire to settle down, but it's in my heart, that I couldn't be in one place for all time because each passing day is all I have, there's so much to see, to experience, to learn.

After all, the countries though separated by oceans are all joined to make one planet, the people though many strangers, are joined by life force as one community, so I see the Earth as my home, the road as my compass. The sun is my breath, the moon is my spirit.

With every day, month and year that I gather in my journal, I feel like a wine that tastes sweeter with age, I feel as though I'm getting better with age, I was so unsure of the world a few years ago, I was so scared to make any real leaps into the blue, these days it's almost a hidden driving force, I have no real plans for the future, I have an idea of the things I'd like to do, but mostly I'm just going to keep dancing to the beat of my own drum.

The way I see it, what people think of me, shouldn't bother me, it shouldn't sway me, it shouldn't stop me. I'm simply a tiny ball of energy, spinning on one hell of a ball of energy that's spinning so fast it appears still, that's spinning through the solar system, that's expanding through the universe and those things are incredibly huge, and I am incredibly tiny in comparison, but no less real.

I wanted passion, so I chased it, I wanted comfort so I chased it, I want to live, so I'm chasing it.
However you look at life, whoever you have in life, I urge you to close your eyes, clear your mind and picture living, what does it look like?
If it doesn't look like what's around you when you open your eyes, then my advice would be really open your eyes to see what's around you, maybe not immediately, but what's beyond the walls, beyond the town limits, beyond the fields, hills and oceans, what makes your heart thump, what takes your breath away, what makes your spirit happy?

LOVE & PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment