Tuesday 13 May 2014

♬ ☾ J U S T // A // T H O U G H T ☾ ♬

Aloha!

  The world seems to be in such a rush to be grown up these days, I wonder what happened to innocence?  Though really this has been the case all through the time of humanity. In the old days people were born as mini adults, taking classes in etiquette and learning the trades of their fathers. Throughout the fifties, kids took music and started to rebel against the adults, but to be their own versions of adults. In modern day society, I see girls and boys running round with beats headphones, hollister jackets and the latest nike's.

  Times change and people move with it, I understand that. Why are we so intent on the pursuit of happiness and believe that happiness is success, wealth, achieving. Is it not just enough to be happy in the pursuit of dreams. I read a very interesting article from a journal that said, 'happiness is not something you achieve, it's a way of life'. I realise that it doesn't matter how you get there it's how you feel about getting there.

  I personally don't crave marriage, I'd like to get married one day, if and when the time is right, the person is right but it isn't the wedding I crave. I'm told a wedding is the happiest day of any girls life. I can understand to an extent why, the romance and celebration of love. It just seems to me that if your wedding is your lifes highlight, then you have not experienced all that life has to offer. It shouldn't last for just one day, it should be the adventure you share in the years to follow that day, that are your happiest.

  I don't want for a mortgage or to own a property. Again, perhaps one day ten years from now I might, but as it stands right now, it is not a priority. I don't know what I want from tomorrow let alone fifty years from now. I don't know if I'll have a job that allows me to pay for that mortgage ten years from now, let alone fifty.

   I don't have plans to build a family, maybe a few years from now, I might. I certainly right now do not count it as a future plan. It doesn't make me a bad person, it just means, I'm able to stand up and say that right now, my dreams are my own, it would be unfair to a child who would look to me for everything to bring them into the world because I thought it's what I should be doing.

  All of those things, they don't make me irresponsible. They don't make me incapable. I'm sure if I was married, with a house and a family I would be incredibly happy. It's just not the route i've chosen currently. I'll never say never, but I also won't allow societies views of success to form my direction and choices.

  I don't judge anyone who has those things either, I have friends getting married who I am incredibly happy for. I wish them a lifetime of happiness, they are lucky to be in that chapter where they have decided the time is right to spend the rest of their lives together. I have friends with houses that are cosy, warm, a place to call their own. I admire them for that, it must be awesome to wake up in a room that you own, that if you decided to paint bright orange, no one could stop you! I have friends with the most beautiful and talented children i've ever been blessed to meet, who may drive their parents crazy from time to time but mean everything to them at the same time. I am mostly proud of them for living their lives and doing what they want with their lives. I am simply doing the same, just my tale is different to theirs, the same as theirs are different to the next person.

  That is why right now, moving back to my parents was the best choice I ever made. It meant I wasn't forced into a situation that may have been wrong in the long run. They allowed me to come home, to  think on everything that I was doing and wished to be doing. My mum has been ill as some of you will know, it is a very personal thing to our family and I don't wish to share it publicly. Moving home means I can be with her whenever I need, it means I can help look after her.
My parents have given me the opportunity to do things right for me. I owe them everything for that.
'I'd rather you were happy and home and then sturggling and alone'. I'll never forget that.

  I have lived away from home, I have lived in different cities and seen new places. I have studied and worked. I have discovered the things I am passionate about and give my whole self too. Moving home has given me the opportunity to be who I want to be. In my own time.
We only live once in this life, this body. So be who you want to be, do the things that make you happy, spend time with the people who are precious to you. Don't judge others on their choices, don't cause sadness or suffering. Understand this, it's not what you have, what you do or what you are, its how you live, how you do what you do and how you are as a person, how you live your days.
We all are capable of happiness, we all have the opportunity to be happy everyday, the posessions and things we build up around us are not going to bring you that happiness. In the end, we are but ants to the universe and that is why we must make the most of the very limited time we are given.

  However you are spending your Tuesday, revel in it. The clouds are thick and grey here in Hampshire today, but there is a silver lining filled with the suns warmth behind them. So stop and pause everynow and then to appreciate the beauty of everything. Somedays we would only want to live once if not at all, others we would live over and over again. Make the most of the ones that you want to live over and over, because at the end of things, you don't want to be left with only the ones you wished you hadn't seen.

Oceans are wide, the sky is home to a billion and more stars, dinosaurs once ruled the planet, men have walked on the moon, Muddy Waters sang the blues, what are you going to do with your today?


LOVE&PEACE
 
KG
  littlebearwolfcove © - Krystal Gemma


No comments:

Post a Comment